Monday, June 13, 2016

Featuring: Behind the Scenes on RED Capital Group's Corporate Shoot, Columbus

When I'm shooting editorial corporate head shots, I'm usually very focused on the task at hand and my time is limited, so I rarely shoot behind the scenes images.  However, when I'm shooting for RED Capital Group, I've got an amazing team to work with that makes sure we gets few great behind the scenes images.

I enjoy working in the spaces in downtown Columbus, and there are a couple that I would love to be able to have here in California!  My favorite is in LeVeque Tower, an art deco building built in 1924.  Inside one of the spaces slated for renovation are amazing walls providing backdrops you just couldn't replicate.  And the light!  There are several large windows that sit approximately 4 feet off the ground, with thick 1 and 2 feet sills that essentially make large soft boxes.  See the amazing light coming from the left in this picture? Heaven.


This space has the most amazing walls and even more beautiful tile work.  I heard that it will eventually renovated to become a bar or a conference room.  Hopefully, we'll be able to shoot several more times before completion!



Yes, sometimes I do shoot with a fanny pack.  I'm single handedly bringing them back into style.


My second favorite space is between the LeVeque Tower (the Palace Theater wing) and the US Bank building.  The light that bounces off the tile onto my subjects provides just the right warmth for skin tone.  Really good thing I'm not shooting with lights and stands, it was super windy during this shoot!




Yes, that is a police officer in the background.

My heartfelt thanks to Joy Selby Cain and Lisalynne Quinn of RED Capital Group for capturing great behind the scenes images and the entire RED Capital Group team for a great shoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Member Professional Photographers of America

Member Professional Photographers of California

Member Professional Photographers of California