Monday, March 14, 2016

Portraits on Location: Equine Photography


What is it about loving horses?  I’ve never met anyone who outgrew their love of horses, myself included.  The relationship between Dolly and Michelle is a very special one and their connection is palatable.


I’ve known the two of them for a while now and Michelle and I have long been planning to create a gorgeous portrait of the two of them, but life got in the way, as it sometimes does, and our plans had to change.  Dolly currently has limited mobility, so our session took place in her stall.  

Creating portraits in a stall could have been confining--and stalls aren't always the prettiest of places (and you definitely have to watch your step(!), but I focused on their connection and just let things happen organically. It didn’t always work—horses are basically really big lap dogs that don’t always do what you need them to do.  

Every time I changed position, Dolly left Michelle to come over to see what I was up to. 
I think the in between moments came shining through.  Michelle and I hope that soon, Dolly will be able to walk further into a nearby field and we can continue our session, but until then, I hope these portraits demonstrate the very special love between these two.



4 comments:

  1. To say that I love these images is an understatement. You have an extraordinary gift, and have given such an everlasting, loving gift. Thank you. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an honor to document the love you and Dolly have for each other--I'm so happy you love them! xox

      Delete
  2. Love these images of Dolly and Michelle! A very special bond between them indeed! Michelle is one of the kindest people I know! Dolly had the most special of humans to love her! Good luck on your recovery Dolly and Michelle! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Yani--So much love between them! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete

Member Professional Photographers of America

Member Professional Photographers of California

Member Professional Photographers of California