Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Featuring: Behind the Scenes with RED Capital Group in San Diego, California

A couple of weeks ago, I was shooting on a corporate job for RED Capital Group in their downtown San Diego, California office.  I love shooting in cities--typically lots of open shade, lots of textures and backgrounds.  I always arrive early to scout my shooting locations.  Large cities like San Diego are rich with locations--and I really love when my clients request a background that identifies with their office location or what they do.

In this instance I was really excited to find a wall painted in multiple colors in a parking lot across the street from the offices I was working in and right next to that, a gorgeous old brick wall.  All that and the trolley that rolled through every ten minutes or so.
 I also love finding light to shoot with.  I come to jobs fully prepared to make my own light if I need to, but love to find places that will give me the light I'm looking for.  In this case, a storefront window offered two long, thin lights tucked just inside the window and gave me fabulous catchlights for my subject's eyes.
  Stuff happens--like stepping in I don't even want to tell you what!!

But hey, live and learn!  You can be sure I've now added Clorox wipes to my shoot kit!  


            

1 comment:

Member Professional Photographers of America

Member Professional Photographers of California

Member Professional Photographers of California